Kinship: 100 Block Fusion Sampler is the work of Angie Wilson (GnomeAngel) and Bec Proschogo (Skyberries). Kinship is a mix of traditional patchwork blocks and some new never before seen blocks.
This pattern consists of:
- Complete instructions for all 100 blocks constructed via machine piecing.
- Blocks comprise of:
- 50 - 8" x 8" finished size blocks
- 50 - 4" x 8" finished size blocks
- Instructions for using Marti Michell templates to complete the blocks. (Machine pieced version only)
- A full list of the templates and rulers that are used to make these blocks. These are optional - blocks can be made with standard ruler and rotary cutter. (Machine pieced version only)
- Colouring in sheets for all 100 Blocks
- Instructions for 2 layout options
- Fabric for Blocks: 7 yards
- Fabric for the Kitchen Sink (Quilt Size: 60" x 80") Layout:
- Binding: 5/8 yards
- Backing: 5 1/8 yards, or 2 yard, 108" wide
- Wadding/Batting: 68" x 88"
- Fabric for Plaid (Quilt Size: 85" x 85") Layout:
- Setting Squares: 1/4 yard
- Sashing and Borders: 2 5/8 yards
- Binding: 3/4 yards
- Backing: 8 yards, or 2 3/4 yards, 108" wide
- Wadding/Batting: 93" x 93"
A Note About Fabric Selection: As this is a sampler we want to encourage you to have fun, which is why we've given a total and not a break down (however the blocks are coloured in the pattern showing a possible layout option using 4 colours) for the fabric for your blocks. Have fun with fabric and mix and match cuts to make up a total of 7 yards.
Using the From Marti Michell Perfect Patchwork Templates
Using the Templates and Rulers is not compulsory for making this quilt. The pattern includes instructions for both cutting methods.
If you’d like to use the From Marti Michell Perfect Patchwork Templates and Rulers the following template sets are used to construct the blocks in the follow instances:
|Template Set||Number of Blocks Used In|
|Template Set A||11|
|Template Set B||63|
|Template Set N||33|
|Template Set T||2|
I also recommend the following From Marti Michelle Perfect Patchwork Templates and Rulers for use with this pattern:
- 6.5″ Fussy Cut Ruler
- 8.5″ Squaring Up Ruler
This pattern is PERFECT for the beginner. The hardest thing in the pattern is doing Half Square Triangles and Flying Geese.
The scale of the blocks makes them perfect for showing off your favourite BIG scale prints. So dive into your stash and get ready to make your very own fusion sampler.