This fascinating book is perfect for anyone interested in taking a different approach to showcasing their fabric. Perfect for beginners, Angie Wilson walks you through the basics of choosing fabric, using prints effectively, blending patterns, and using templates and English Paper Piecing. The 14 projects range from easy potholders to a stunning bed quilt. The blend of humour and encouragement will keep you returning to this book again and again!
ADD my favourite Fussy Cutting Tool, the From Marti Michell 6.5" Fussy Cut Ruler, and save $$$.
*** SIGNED COPIES SHIP FROM AUSTRALIA AND ARE SUBJECT TO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ***
Table of Contents
- Fussy Cutters Manifesto First Rule of the Fussy Cutters Club
- What is Fussy Cutting?
- Learn the Basics to Master the Complex
- The Projects in Fussy Cutters Club Cloth Tales Sidebar: Fabric 101
- Selecting Fabrics for Fussy Cutting
- Organizing Your Fabric Collection
- Tools of the Trade
- Tutorial: Seeing Secondary Patterns With a Hinged Mirror
- Tutorial: Adding a Seam Allowance to Acrylic Templates
- Tutorial: Making a Template with Template Plastic
- Tutorial: Making a Laminate Template How to be a Fussy Cutter
- Traditional Fussy Cutting
- Improvisational Fussy Cutting
- Tutorial: How to Improvisational Fussy Cut
- Fussy Cutting for Color
- Sidebar: Bias and Grain for Fussy Cutters
- Making the Cut
- Tutorial: Fussy Cutting Without a Template
- Tutorial: Fussy Cutting With an Acrylic Template Tutorial: Fussy Cutting a Repeating Design Basics of the Game
- To Wash or Not to Wash
- Machine Piecing
- Tutorial: Accurate 1/4" Seams
- English Paper Piecing
- Tutorial: English Paper Piecing
- Quilt Finishing
- Tutorial: Double-Fold Straight-Grain Binding
- Tutorial: Adding Binding to a Quilt Projects to Get You Hooked
- Nine-Patch Potholder
- Super Star Coasters Hexy Pin Up Pincushion
- 1-2-Sucker Pouch Fussy Designing: Improvisational Piecing
- Improv-able Dream Pillow Fussy Designing: Using Big Prints Projects to Feed Your Appetite
- Fabric Serenade Mini Quilt Fussy Designing: Creating an Uninterrupted Look
- A Flock of Seagulls Table Runner Fussy Designing: Achieving a Rainbow
- Gaggle of Geese Placemat Fussy Designing: To Match Or Not To Match When Making a Set
- Tote Amazeballs Projects to Cement Your Love Affair
- Rainbow I Spy Baby Quilt
- We Are All Connected Mini Quilt Inception Squared Quilt
- Focal (On) Point Quilt
- Crouching HST, Hidden Churn Dash
- About the Author
The following answers to our Frequently Asked Questions may help you with your purchase from Shop GnomeAngel, if you can't find your answer here be sure to contact our Customer Service Team. We look forward to helping you!
Where is your store located?
We have shipping locations in both Australia and the US. This enables us to ship orders to customers from the location that best suits their needs and helps us cut down on shipping times. Our business is run out of Australia.
What are your shipping rates?
We send all out domestic parcels via Australia Post Flat Rate Satchels. We do this for a number of reasons, but the main ones are:
- Free Tracking. We want you to be able to track your items from the moment they leave our hands to the moment they get in yours and so this is a must-have service for us.
- Consistent Pricing. We understand that if we sent items as letters that we might be able to save you a dollar or two, but technically none of what we're sending you is a letter and so we don't want to run the risk of your item being damaged, returned to us or you having to pay extra to pick up your item.
You can find our shipping rates by clicking here.
I live locally, can I pick up my order to save on shipping?
Unfortunately we do not offer it at this time.
Do you ship Internationally?
We do! Shipping rates for non-US international parcels are available at checkout. Again, we ship using the Australia Post International Post Standard or Express shipping options for non-continental USA countries. Non-continental USA International shipping comes with tracking and is delivered in approximately 6+ business days to major metro areas.
Within the continental USA we ship via USPS and there is no tracking provided.
We cannot control the time it takes for your parcel to clear customs and be delivered. It's one of the reasons we opt for this option when sending because, in our experience, it gives you the best chance of getting your parcel quickly.
We are not responsible for any duties, taxes or fees associated with your importing of goods. We will clearly mark the shipping labels as goods and list the value that you paid for it on there. Please do not ask us to lie on the labels to help you avoid paying duties/taxes/customs charges as refusal can be embarrassing for everybody.
If you have any questions, please contact us and we'll talk with you about what your options are.
I have more questions about shipping!
Okie dokie, then click here to check out our shipping policies. If you still can't find what you're looking for then click here to contact one of our Customer Service Team.
I'd like to purchase something, but it's out of stock. *sad face*
That's not a problem, simply drop us an email via our contact us page and we'll work with you to see how soon we can get it into your hot little hands.
I can't find what I'm looking for, help!
If you can't find what you're looking for simply drop us an email via our contact us page and we'll find it for you.
What fabric can be reordered?
If we can get it for you, we will. However, sometimes there's only a limited run of fabrics and we can't get more in. If you're chasing something, simply drop us an email via our contact us page and we'll see what magic we can work.
I received a small refund on my order, what happened?
Sometimes things happen where you were able to order something but we didn't have it in stock, or we only had a partial amount in stock. On the rare occasion that this happens we'll refund you and send you an email to let you know about the refund.
I'm an online fabric purchasing newbie, can I call you to talk about my order?
You totally can. We're available on 0420 304 997 between the hours of 9:30am and 2:30pm Monday - Friday AEST. (That's Australian time if you're calling from overseas!) Due to the high volume of scammer calls you will go to our answering service, please leave a message with your number and we'll call you back.
Returns + Refunds
If you are unhappy with part or all of your order or you received something different than what you ordered, please contact email@example.com to inform our customer service department of any order issues.
- We do not offer returns or refunds due to change of mind.
- We do not offer returns on digital products.
- We do not offer returns on gift cards.
- We do not offer returns or refunds on items damaged in transit due to the mail carriers mishandling. All items are packed to withstand normal treatment.
- We do not offer refunds on sale items.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - please do not return the item until approved for returning.
Returns will only be accepted if prior approval via our customer service department had been provided. We will provide you with a PDF to print and include in your order if your return has been approved. Without the inclusion of this PDF (document) in your return parcel we will not be able to process your return/refund.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. We will process the refund within 24 hours of it being approved. It is then up to the financial institution to release the funds. We have no control over how long this takes, generally it happens within 3 - 5 working days of the refund being issued. Please contact the financial institution to follow up with them if the refund has not appeared after being advised by us that it has been refunded.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and they will find out about your return.
In a nutshell, we will only collect information from you that you volunteer. We will use this information to fulfil your orders/requests. We will never, ever, hand-on-heart, sell this information or give it to a third party.
We make every effort to get your order shipped out as soon as possible, and in the most affordable packaging available. Most fabric/notion orders are shipped within 3 working days. However, during peak times and sales this may take up to 5 working days. If you require special shipping instructions, please contact us.
Please note: While we are based in Australia we use fulfilment services in the United States of America to service our Canada and USA based customers to assist us with reducing shipping wait times, handling and custom fees.
IMPACTS FROM COVID19
Due to the ever changing nature of the global response to COVID19 it means that there has been disruptions to shipping services global. We can no longer guarantee express shipping. Our shipping partners have advised that express parcels will get priority, but that this may not fall within normal express delivery parameters.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING RATES
We use Australia Post Flat Rate Satchels which includes free tracking for all orders in Australia. As of 17 February 2021 we are using flat rate prices on shipping. Shipping will be calculated at checkout.
|0 - 5kg||$15.00|
All items ordered within Australia are shipped within Australia via Australia Post. Delivery via Australia Post usually occurs within 5 to 7 working days.
LOCAL PICK UP.
Local pick up is available for those in the area, you can select this at time of checkout if it is available for you.
CONTINENTAL USA INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES
We currently offer discounted shipping within the continental US for orders that contain only Marti Michell products. Other products will incur a shipping fee.
|Marti Michell Products Only||$15.00|
|0 - 5kg||$40.00|
NON CONTINENTAL USA INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING RATES
We use Australia Post International Post Standard which includes free tracking. We cannot guarantee tracking updates as these are provided by a third party.
We ship globally and postage rates are calculated at checkout.
|CANADA ONLY - Marti Michell Products Only||$30.00|
|0 - 5kg||$40.00|
If you would like to discuss any of this information or request a quote please contact us.